Terms & Conditions
- General Conditions
- Program Conditions
- Payment Policy
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Intellectual Property
- The participant agrees that:
Infinity Abroad makes no presentation or warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the Program for any participant and Infinity Abroad disclaims all such warranties to the full extent of the law.
The participant is responsible for submitting all requested documentation to Infinity Abroad and the U.S. Sponsor on a timely basis for document processing. Infinity Abroad and the U.S. Sponsor cannot be held responsible for any additional costs incurred due to the applicant’s delays in submitting documentation or delays by the United States Embassy in issuing a visa.
The participant agrees that all the information provided during the application is true to the best of his/her knowledge. The participant understands that any false or misleading information may lead to termination from the Program.
Each participant is responsible for understanding all information made available to the applicant regarding health and safety, law and regulations, cultural and religious customs in the United States. The participant must take full responsibility, with or without foreknowledge, in the event regulations or customs are broken.
The participant must exercise care to safeguard all legal documents required for the smooth participation in this program. In the event any document is lost or stolen, replacement will be timely and costly, and the cost will be the responsibility of the participant.
Flight Booking and Arrival:
- The participant is required to book his/her return flight from Malaysia to the United States, and other U.S. domestic flights necessary through Infinity Abroad’s appointed agency, Holiday Tours. It is crucial that the participant informs Infinity Abroad of his/her flight arrangements before departure.
- Holiday Tours provides competitive airfares available to Infinity Abroad’s participants. However, purchase of airline tickets through Holiday Tours is optional. If the participant is able to purchase cheaper tickets elsewhere, feel free to do so.
- Further transportation from the airport to the employer’s job location will be arranged in advance, and the costs borne by the participant.
- Infinity Abroad and the U.S. Sponsor are not responsible for any issues arising from the participant’s flight arrangements, as they are subject to the airline and out of the control of Infinity Abroad, the U.S. Sponsor and Holiday Tours.
- Each participant is required to attend a compulsory Work and Travel USA pre-departure orientation session with Infinity Abroad in Malaysia.
- If the participant is unable to do so, the participant will have to make arrangements at his/her own expense to attend the orientation in the United States.
United States Visa
- Prior to US Visa approval, the participant is required to attend a Visa interview at the United States Embassy in Kuala Lumpur.
- Infinity Abroad will provide the participant the legal documents issued by the U.S. Sponsor that are required for the Visa interview.
- The participant is required to pay the visa processing fees where necessary.
- Note: The participant will be briefed on the interview process as to ensure a smooth and successful interview. However, Infinity Abroad is unable to guarantee an issuance of a Visa. The US Embassy reserves the right to reject any visa application if deemed suspicious for any reason.
- If the participant is denied a US Visa for any reason, the “Cancellation and Refund Policy” below shall apply.
Program Participation and Fulfilment
- Infinity Abroad and the U.S. Sponsor reserves the right to deny any participation in the Program, up to the departure date, if it is deemed to be in the best interests of the Program. Any questions regarding this issue will be referred to the U.S. Sponsor, whose decision is final.
- The participant must commit to his/her employer throughout the agreed period of time, as stated on the Employment Offer Agreement Form/Job Offer signed between the employer and the participant. Failure to do so will result in termination from the Program and immediate departure from the United States.
National Service Commitments
- If the participant wishes to defer his/her NS commitments in order to participate in the Work and Travel Program, Infinity Abroad is able to issue a letter proving the participant’s program participation. However, Infinity Abroad is unable to guarantee the approval of the participant’s NS deferment.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that any National Service (NS) commitments do not conflict with, or affect his/her ability to participate in the Program. Infinity Abroad and the U.S. Sponsor will not be held liable or responsible for any issues arising from the deferment or other matters regarding the participant’s NS commitments.
The participant agrees to pay all fees in accordance to the requirements of Infinity Abroad. Program fees are necessary for the smooth and undisrupted processing of the participant’s application.
The participant understands that delayed or insufficient payment of program fees may cause disruption or, in the worst case, lead to cancellation of program participation.
Payment related to the participant’s flight arrangements, such as booking deposits or full ticket payments, are solely between the participant and the appointed travel agency or the participant’s chosen service provider. Infinity Abroad does not handle ticketing payments on the participant’s behalf.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Infinity Abroad reserves the right to cancel any application if the participant’s eligibility is insufficient, or if the program conditions are not met in full.
If the participant decides to cancel his/her application, the cancellation must be submitted in writing via fax, email or post to Infinity Abroad. The cancellation is only effective from the date Infinity Abroad receives proper cancellation documentation from the participant.
- The refund amount after the participant’s withdrawal from the Program depends on the stage which the participant is in, which is either
- before the DS-2019 has been issued, or
- after the DS-2019 has been issued, or
- due to Visa rejection by the U.S. Embassy
Visa-related fees are paid to the U.S. Embassy and thus non-refundable even if the participant’s Visa application is unsuccessful.
Refunds of the other components related to the Program, such as airline tickets, bus tickets, insurance or others, that are provided by suppliers other than Infinity Abroad are at the suppliers’ own discretion and subject to the suppliers’ own terms and conditions.
The commitment to the job contract between the participant and the employer are between the participant and the employer only. Withdrawal from the contract for any reason by the participant or the employer is not the responsibility of Infinity Abroad, thus Infinity Abroad’s refund policy is applicable.
Photos and Testimonials provided by the participant may be used for promotional purposes, unless the participant declines and provides written notification.
The participant (referred below as “I”) agrees that:
- I have read and understood the Infinity Abroad Work and Travel USA Program Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- I have read and understood, and agree to abide by all the passport, visa and SEVIS rules and regulations set by the U.S. Government, and the program conditions set by Infinity Abroad and the U.S. Sponsor.
- I understand that the intention of the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Program is to promote cultural exchange. I understand that Infinity Abroad or the U.S. Sponsor does not endorse or encourage participation in this Work and Travel Program for any intentions other than the intention of this J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Program. I hereby pledge that I will not seek to change my visa status and it is my intention to leave the United States once my program has ended.
- I understand that it is my responsibility for entering this Program and I do not hold my University responsible for any aspects of the management of this Program.
- I agree that all the information I provided during my application is true, and that any false declarations will lead to my termination from this Program without being entitled to any refunds or reimbursements consequent from my termination.
- I acknowledge that Infinity Abroad is, at all times, the agent for and on behalf of the U.S. Sponsor in processing my application.
- I confirm that Infinity Abroad shall not be responsible or liable for the losses, in part or in whole, of my application fees or any other financials which Infinity Abroad has forwarded to the U.S. Sponsor pursuant to my application, provided if such losses were suffered as a result of any one of the following:
- If the U.S. Sponsor defaults and/or unable to perform any of its obligations under the Work and Travel USA Program;
- If the U.S. Sponsor is unable to pay its debts;
- If the U.S. Sponsor enters into compulsory or voluntary liquidation;
- If the U.S. Sponsor compounds with or convenes a meeting of its creditors;
- If the U.S. Sponsor has a receiver or manager or an administrator appointed;
- If the U.S. Sponsor ceases to operate for any reason.
- I understand that the U.S. Sponsor will assess my suitability for the program based on my application and interview conducted by a U.S. Sponsor representative. I understand that the U.S. Sponsor’s decision regarding my program participation is final.
- I understand that the authority to issue a U.S. Visa lies solely with the U.S. Embassy, and that Infinity Abroad cannot guarantee the issuance of a U.S. Visa.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that I do not have any other commitments that may jeopardise my successful program participation.
- I understand that if any sudden issues arise that affects my program participation that are out of the control of Infinity Abroad and myself, the normal cancellation and refund policies will apply.
- I agree to abide by all the rules, regulations and requirements set out in this program. I understand that if I fail to comply with the conditions set out by Infinity Abroad, the U.S. Sponsor or the U.S. Government, or if I behave in any way that brings the Student Exchange Program into disrepute, my program status may be terminated and I will be required to leave the United States immediately.